Friday, January 29, 2016

Money Can Buy Happiness

Hi I'm Amanda and I'm a shopaholic.
 Shortly after returning to college from winter break, I had an abrupt epiphany. If life gives you lemons. make lemonade. After making the sugared drink, open a lemonade-stand and take the money and go buy a watermelon. They are the superior fruit. To me this meant that money is a primary component in happiness. This realization occurred because I did not work over break so my funds were insufficient. Fortunately, my bank account still looked better than the US's economy. Not including all of the Christmas present I bought over beak, I went crazy with the after Christmas sales. With no deposits entering my account I saw my earnings plummeting. With in the first couple weeks of being on campus I have gotten a new tattoo, brought my mom a Birthday present for her Birthday in 6 months, and oh so much online shopping. I feel excitement and relief with every transaction. I noticed I shopped as a relaxation method, and the less money I have the lower self-esteem I have. I am aware many people say money can't buy happiness. They are wrong. Yes it can.

No comments:

Post a Comment