Monday, March 7, 2016

Having Older Parents

It seems that older parents put me at a disadvantage in life but in places that didn't really matter. If you are planning on having a kid in later years in life, I recommend trying to keep up with the styles and fads going on in their lives. Not only were all of my outfits replicas of the poorly dressed kids on the Barney show, but my social skills lacked too. My parents did not plan on having me so late in their lives, but i was not an accident. The adoption process takes forever and a half. My parents recieved me when I was first born, but they were in their mid-40ies. They raised me with morals of other generations. I was expected to grow up faster and be polite. Young adult my age were never taught to be polite, their parents skipped right past manners and leapt to sports. Being polite and more sociable to adults put me at a disadvantage with making friends. At a young age children normally make friends because their parent has friends with kids around that age; however, all of my mom's friends kids were already leaving for college by the time I was born. Even Though having older parents didn't give me great social skills, it did allow me to be polite and kind to adults. My parents dressed me in ruffles, bonnets, and overalls. Too this day their ideas about the world still make me laugh. My favorite is when my mom asks if I am going steady or dating around. I still try to explain to her that dating around pretty much means being a dirty slut in this generation. I love them so much and wouldn't change them for the world, but if your kid is an only expect them to turn out weird and like an adult in a child's body.

No comments:

Post a Comment