Thursday, March 31, 2016

YOLO

I want to believe in something beyond this world, but logically i cannot. After reading Zarathustra, something stood out to me. In many different times and ways it was explained that those who preach life after death see life as suffering. They look at life as something you must endure until you reach your final destination after death. Though this is the view of one man who went crazy and died of syphilis, it made me think why should I keep wishing for something beyond this world, when this may very well be my elysium. Unfortunately this justifies generation x's slang term YOLO. For those who do not know what that means, Yolo is a poor acronym for you only live once. The idea of living life to its fullest is a romantic one; however, most people spend their life for preparing for after death than actually living it. As a kid, all I wanted in the world was to believe in magic. I thought that if I believed hard enough I would be able to become someone else and go other places. My young mind did not know this, but all of my fantasies were excuses. I waited for a miracle instead of going out and trying to change my life. Still let your kids watch fairy tales and avatar, and let them believe that if the put their mind to it they can bend water. They can. It is called jumping in puddles and splashing your friend at the beach. Don't wait around for magic, make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment