Tuesday, March 29, 2016

My Research Question

The topic I am doing for my research paper is should assisted suicide/euthanasia  be legal? I chose this topic, because one thing I am currently concerned with is how much power the government has over how we live or don't live our lives. I would like to answer this question that euthanasia should be legal. I picked this question because I think that the government abuses its power and interrupts in daily life. This has been a recent concern, because over the summer on the way home from the mall with my friends my boyfriend got pulled over. I thought it was because he was speeding like usual, but no they pulled him over to give me a ticket for not wearing my seat belt. I took it off right in front of my house, and the cop practically pulled the car over into my driveway. She probably just wanted to meet her ticket quota for the month. Thanks Carol Stream. The point of my little rant is what gives the government the right to make me wear a seat belt? If i get into a crash I will get hurt. Is it not my choice or my freedom to decide what happens to my body. On top of that in Illinois it is illegal to kill yourself. Not only will someone end up with an emotional scar from trying to end their life, but they will also end up having to pay a large fine to the government, and no this money will not go toward our map grant. In order to do this topic, I will need to understand the law and why it is in place. I do not believe that the government has the right to say what you can do with your life. I will also look into whither or not this became a law do to the lack of separation of church and state. I would need to use sources in multiple fields such as medical, religion, philosophy, psychology and anthropology to get a better view from all areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment