Monday, February 22, 2016

A message to those who hurt me and those I have hurt in return

As a happy-go-lucky child, I really believed that everyone was on my side and that the world worked on my favor. Boy was I wrong. Even more wrong than the conspiracy theorists who say Bush did 9/11. I would talk to anyone without a second thought, I'm serious. I don't believe I ever grasped the idea of stranger danger. I was never taken away in a white van, so that's good. My mediocracy finally helped me achieve something! I was to homely to be abducted and sold into a prostitution ring. Score! I never knew kids made fun of me. My child like bliss was only concerned with webkinz and Barbie's. I was always picked last for sports, and I always thought that's because people saved the best for last. What was truly holding me back was my optimism. I had no other way of  thinking. My parents never really thought it was bad, so in turn it was out of sight out of mind. I was made fun of everything from my weight to my voice. I mean come on I don't sound like a coke fiend on helium, so what is that bad with my voice? Deep? Yeah well you all like Morgan Freeman, so ha. Me-1 Them-0. People made fun of me for so long I began to believe everything they were saying. I had little to no self-esteem, but I was as stubborn as mule so I never changed myself. What changed was my view on everything. I was so angry, and this made me push the only people who were nice to me away. Years later I still don't think very much of myself, but I have something to say to those who hurt me and those I hurt from build up and impenetrable wall. I'm sorry. To those who hurt me, I'm sorry you never got to be my friend. I am pretty awesome and funny, but you will never get to know that, because of you I can't let people in. To those i hurt, I'm sorry. I just want you to know that you are the best kind of person. I found myself treating others the way I was treated. Wow, the golden rule, the only thing that I have ever needed outside of school. If someone is unhappy and pessimistic, don't assume that they are bad, wonder who/what did that to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment