Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sound effects or the lack there of

I have always wondered when scary movies are based in the fall, why don't we ever hear the killer approaching? With at the crisp leaves on the ground a silent arropach seems improbable, because every time I walk outside it's like walking on bubble wrap. 
Instead of the Michael Myers theme song I just think "crunch crunch crunch"
Also in the spirit of how cold it is, I have been contemplating the phrase "brrrr." People often use it to describe how cold they are. I often find that my teeth chatter and i complain a lot when I'm cold, but not once have I ever said BRRRR. So while I was walking from work to my dorm, I brrrrr'ed for five minutes and felt like an idiot.
I know this is extremely random; however, in different languages people make animal noises differently. Since cats are a superior animal, these are Meows across the globe:

  • miav
  • miauw
  • nyan
  • mjan
That's not terrible but chicken sounds are absolutely hilarious:
  • tok tok
  • cluck cluck
  • kot kot
  • gut gut gdak (Of course this is from Turkey. They are obviously bias about their flightless friends)   
I am not being an insensitive asshole, but if i heard a chicken say gut gut gdak I would most likely cry.
I have just recently found an interest in sound effects and the lack there of and I just wanted to share my thoughts with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment