Monday, February 22, 2016

Living in a golden age without knowing it

Racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia are all terms that are widely thrown around in the media currently. With how many isms and phobias are currently causing problems, I'm surprised people are rioting.... Oh wait they are. The reason this topic is on my mind is because earlier today while scrolling through Facebook, I noticed my friends aunt posted that the month of March is national stop blaming white people month. A ton of people took offfense to this. You can call me racist all you want but I agree. Not with the month dedicated to white people, but we can't keep blaming white people for everything. We also shouldn't have a whole month dedicated to American American history. As long as we keep defining ourselves as a certain color, we will all be making it about, "is it because I'm black?" For those who say that, please stop you make yourself look uneducated. Would you ask that question to that person of they weren't white? No? Then you're the one making the conversation about race. As much that is wrong with the minlenial generation, we have a great opportunity here. We were not born in a time of hate. Sure our old racist uncle Rick may occasionally drop and n bomb, but we were not bread to hate. Our schools are integrated and our favorite pop stars are gay. All types share all opportunities now. Instead of constantly blaming other races, we must set an example for younger generations. Instead of being the technology and selfie orientated generation we are being branded as now, why don't we stop this? Why don't we promote love and compassion instead of focusing on who has relatives that were slaves, concentration camp victims, or a victim of harassment? Remember them and learn from their generations mistakes. Now I will take my flower crown off and step off my soap box. EVERYONE have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment