Monday, February 15, 2016

Back in the day

Often times people describe their past as the good ole days, and my theory is that everyone remembers their childhood and youth as simplistic.  A time better than now to me would be when I was between 6-12. I was old enough to think; however, ignorance was truly bliss. I was a very happy-go-lucky child. I believed that everyone was nice, and that everyone was like and thought like me. It was a beautiful period where life never gave me lemons and I would be randomly struck with inexplicable bliss. This was before I knew people were mean, and before I knew they didn't like me. It was a time where I was happy with what was ever put in front of me and when my biggest worry was remembering what outfit went with each of my 300 Barbies.I am not saying I do not like the present, or that my life is complicated now, but the bliss is gone. Reason and logic take over and it cages your mind which makes you slowly lose you sense of wonder. I do still find happiness in different things but not ones as simple as the sun rising. For now, my happiness resides in success, accomplishments, and the choice of love. I miss feeling utter joy when waking up instead of wanting to tie my alarm clock to a bed of nails and drive over rows of speed bumps. I crave the creativity I once had of making terrible clay figures instead of smirking when gas is affordable and ink is cheap. We rushed growing up. Society rushed us. They pushed us to want what we couldn't have. I wanted to drive a car, see R-rated movies, and have sleep overs with guys. I want to be young again I want to be ignorant. I want to be blissful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment