Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Who's Pearl Harbor?

Ignorance is bread. No not the delicious carb, but ignorance and bigotry is born through a lack of education. There are multiple accounts in my years of standardized everything where I couldn't believe how incredibly stupid some people are. The first account was when I was is seventh grade. I was sitting in english, and one of the cheerleaders raises her hands and in a ridiculously serious voice asks, "Who's Pearl Harbor? If that wasn't enough for me to lose faith in humanity the next will be shocking. In my Sophomore year in High School my class was in the process of reading Macbeth. For those who do not know Shakespeare writes how Yoda talks. Not order in words he puts. We were having a class inquiry when my teacher asks us how is it possible to kill Macbeth if the prophesized killer could not be from a mother's womb, The question was up in the air for the whole class to answer. One kid said it could possibly be an alien. I gave it a thought, but when has Shakespear ever written about aliens? Then next kid said animal. That kid was an idiot. I didn't think it could get any worse until from the back of the room I hear someone say, "Were they adopted?" I am adopted. My response is said to be priceless. I stood up and yell, "You're right. We're hatched in jars." I disagree with the statement, "There are no dumb questions." There are, and that is one. I will never be surprised what comes out of another humans mouth again.

No comments:

Post a Comment